上海香草419论坛

2 days agoChelsea manager Lampard: Hudson-Odoi ready for Champions League

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Chelsea manager Lampard: Hudson-Odoi ready for Champions Leagueby Paul Vegas2 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea manager Frank Lampard says Callum Hudson-Odoi is ready to translate his domestic form into the Champions League.The 18-year-old capped off a fine performance against Newcastle United by helping to set up Marcos Alonso’s winner.Asked if Hudson-Odoi was ready to face Ajax on Wednesday, Lampard said: “I think he is but so are other players and with that comes my problem of selection for games as I have a competitive squad. Some are fresh to the Champions League and some have been here before, but just isolating Callum, his performance against Newcastle was huge signs of what we want to see.”We know the talent is there and it is great his contract is signed now, and the problems he gave Newcastle were things I really want to see consistently from him, which are end product and delivery to the box, getting at people and running behind.” last_img read more

4 people in Vancouvers Downtown Eastside recovering after knife attack

first_imgLaurie Hamelin APTN NewsFour people in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside are recovering after being attacked by a man went on a slashing attack.The Eastside has a bad reputation for crime and drug use.One of the victims says in spite of the attack, he wants people to know he feels safe in his community.And he hopes his attacker gets the help he [email protected]@laurie_hamelinlast_img

Recipe Unlimited to phase out plastic straws at its 19 brands by

first_imgTORONTO – It’s the final straw for plastic at Recipe Unlimited Corporation.The restaurant giant, formerly known as Cara Operations, will start to ditch plastic straws at its 19 brands in August and replace them with compostable and biodegradable paper straws by the end of March 2019.The company, which owns brands such as Harvey’s, Swiss Chalet, Kelsey’s and New York Fries, joins a growing group of Canadian restaurants and international food corporations that are phasing out the plastic drinking implements.Recipe Unlimited, which has 1,382 restaurants, says compostable and biodegradable straws will automatically be provided with drink orders at its quick serve brands, including the Burgers Priest and St-Hubert. Paper straws will be available on request at its full-service restaurants like the Pickle Barrel, The Keg and Milestones.“Straws are just one component of the work we’re undertaking to eliminate single use plastics from our supply chain and shift to recyclable or compostable materials wherever possible,” Frank Hennessey, Recipe Unlimited’s chief executive officer, said in a statement.A&W Canada said last month it would soon switch to paper straws, while Ikea Canada promised to phase out plastic straws by 2020. Plenty of local bars and dining establishments have made similar declarations.McDonald’s announced in June that it will switch to paper straws at all its locations in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and test an alternative to plastic ones in some of its U.S. restaurants later this year. However, a McDonald’s Canada spokesman said it would monitor the trials in those countries before taking steps in Canada.The shift comes amid global pressure from environmentalists demanding restaurants switch to compostable options in an effort to stop wildlife from getting stuck and injured by plastic and to prevent the material from littering coastlines and green spaces.Experts say Canadians use about 57 million straws a day, but less than 20 per cent are recycled. They often recommend paper, metal or wood straws as alternatives.However, plastic straw bans have also generated concerns among some people with disabilities who say they need them and worry that sweeping bans will have unintended consequences.Still, many restaurants appear to be moving ahead with phasing out the plastic version.Restaurant Brands International, which owns Tim Hortons, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen and Burger King, said Wednesday that it is reviewing its packaging and looking at alternative options.Their considerations come after Vancouver city council recently put forward a proposal pushing servers to ask customers if they want a straw, instead of automatically delivering one with drink orders.On top of the recent environmental push, food industry expert Robert Carter said millennials — the restaurant industry’s biggest customer base — are playing a big role in the move away from plastic straws.“This is a segment that skews towards cause-based issues, so I think that is also putting pressure on restaurants to get ahead of these things before they have a backlash,” he said.He anticipates that the influence of millennials will soon extend beyond straws to target other plastic restaurant goods, including cutlery and packaging, because that consumer base often uses food delivery services, which are “exploding.” However, materials related to beverages are only a “tiny component” of the plastic items such services distribute, he said, making them ripe for change.Across the pond, British Prime Minister Theresa May is also eyeing a ban on plastic straws, cotton swabs and stir sticks and prodding other nations to follow suit.Canada has yet to make a similar commitment, but Carter believes “it is only a matter of time before it comes to North America.”Companies in this story: (TSX:RECP)last_img read more

CSK look to consolidate position at top against MI

first_imgChennai: They might have already reached the cut-off limit of 16 points needed for the play-offs, but Chennai Super Kings would like to consolidate their position at the top when they take on an inconsistent Mumbai Indians in an IPL match here on Friday. The MS Dhoni-led side roared back to form after two losses, with a six-wicket win over Sunrisers Hyderabad here on Tuesday night, riding on Shane Watson’s big hitting. Come Friday, the hosts would be looking to continue the momentum. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over ChandigarhThe visitors, currently in third spot with 12 points from 10 games, are coming off a defeat against Rajasthan Royals and will be keen to keep themselves in the hunt for the playoffs. While CSK’s must have welcomed Watson’s return to form, the team would be hoping for Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu and Kedar Jadhav to get going ahead of the knockout phase. It is important for Jadhav to get his touch back with the World Cup looming. The bowlers have played a big role in CSK’s success so far, especially at home, on sluggish tracks. The much-improved Deepak Chahar will be key in the matches to come with his intelligent bowling at the start and at the death. Though Imran Tahir, who is the second highest wicket-taker with 16, went wicketless in the SRH match, the South African veteran will be expected to stymie the powerful Mumbai Indians batting line-up along with fellow spinners Ravindra Jadeja and Harbhajan Singh. Mumbai have had a roller coaster season so far and they now need to be at their best in the last lap of the preliminary phase.last_img read more

PM Modi used hatred in elections, we used love: Rahul Gandhi

first_imgNew Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi Sunday cast his vote in Lok Sabha polls here and hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying he “used hatred” during the elections but the grand old party “used love”. Asserting that this elections saw a “good fight” between the two rival parties, Gandhi said he thought that “love is going to win”. “Prime Minister Narendra Modi used hatred, we (Congress) love. And, I think love is going to win,” he told reporters, soon after exercising his franchise. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss account details under automatic exchange framework Clad in his trademark kurta-pyjama, he was accompanied by party’s New Delhi candidate Ajay Maken on way to the polling booth, a walking distance from his Tughlaq Lane residence. “There are four issues in this election, these are not our issues but people’s issues. And most important among these is of unemployment. Then, condition of farmers, demonetisation, Gabbar Singh Tax (mocking GST), corruption and the Rafale issue,” he said.last_img read more

Memorable Memorial for Tiger Woods

Jack Nicklaus, the all-time leader in men’s golf major championship victories with 18, founded the Memorial Tournament in 1976. Thirty-six years later, Tiger Woods won Nicklaus’ tournament for the fifth time, and tied Nicklaus in the record books for the second-most all-time on the PGA Tour.Woods, who previously won the tournament in 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2009, finished the tournament with a 72-hole score of 279 (9-under-par), two strokes better than Rory Sabbatini and Andres Romero, who tied for second place at 7-under-par. The tournament, which began Thursday and concluded Sunday at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio, was Woods’ second victory of the season.The win was also Woods’ 73rd victory of his PGA Tour career, tying him with Nicklaus. On the all-time wins list, Woods trails only Sam Snead, the all-time leader with 82 victories.Woods said it was “awfully special” to tie Nicklaus on the all-time wins list, with Nicklaus watching him on the 18th hole.“It’s special for me to do it here, to do it with Jack here,” Woods said. “It just makes it that much more special.”After cracking a joke, Nicklaus also praised Woods’ achievement.“Well, he had to rub it in my face right here, didn’t he?” Nicklaus said. “No, if he’s going to do it, which he was obviously going to, I’d like to see it happen here. That was good. That was great.”Woods hit 14 out of 18 greens in regulation on Sunday, but his winning round could be remembered most for one of the four holes that he did not.Woods hit an errant tee shot on the 16th hole in the rough behind and to the right of the green. He recovered by converting his second shot, a 49-foot-10-inch chip, for a birdie. That birdie moved Woods into a tie for the lead at 8-under-par with Sabbatini.Nicklaus gave the shot high praise, while Woods admitted that the shot was challenging.“Under the circumstances, I’ve never seen a better shot,” Nicklaus said.Woods finished Sunday’s fourth and final round with a score of 67 (5-under-par), which tied three other golfers for Sunday’s best score.Woods said his round on Sunday was “fun.”“I had it all today,” Woods said.Rickie Fowler, who was paired with Woods on Sunday, said he was impressed with his playing partner’s performance.“He looked very comfortable and hit a lot of good shots,” Fowler said. “The times where he’s in the moment and in the heat of contention is where he really shines.”Fowler came into Sunday at 5-under-par, but finished the tournament at 7-over-par to finish in a tie for 52nd place.Woods came into the round at 4-under-par, four strokes back of the tournament’s 54-hole leader, Spencer Levin. He birdied four of his first seven holes to move within one stroke of the lead behind Levin, who was 9-under-par at the time. Woods dropped back to 6-under-par, however, after bogeying two of his next three holes, and remained at 6-under-par through the 14th hole.Down the stretch, however, Woods birdied the 15th, 16th and 18th holes. Following Woods’ chip-in, Sabbatini bogeyed the 16th hole to fall to 7-under-par, and Woods held the lead all the way to victory.Levin finished the tournament at 5-under-par to tie for fourth place.Woods said that he feels “comfortable” playing at Muirfield Village Golf Club, where the Memorial Tournament is held annually.“For some reason over the course of my career, I’ve done really well on (Nicklaus’) golf courses, even going back to my amateur days,” Woods said. “I just have a good feeling of how to play the golf course.”Woods will compete next at the second major championship of the year, the 112th U.S. Open, which will be held June 14-17 at The Olympic Club in San Francisco, Calif. Woods, a 14-time major champion, is a three-time U.S. Open winner. Woods tied for 18th at the 1998 U.S. Open, the last time the tournament was held at The Olympic Club.Asked whether he is “back,” and ready to win another major championship, Woods gave a quick response.“I won,” Woods said with a laugh. read more

Alphonse Areola signs new PSG contract until 2023

first_imgParis Saint-Germain goalkeeper Alphonse Areola has signed a new four and a half year deal at the clubDespite the arrival of Italian great Gianluigi Buffon, Areola has remained in favour at PSG with nine starts in their 16 Ligue 1 games.Manager Thomas Tuchel has refused to name a clear number one between the pair and continues to juggle his options.But Areola’s new contract until 2023 is a clear indication that he remains a big part of the club’s plans.The 25-year-old rose through the youth ranks at PSG and he’s kept 69 clean sheets in 85 appearances.“It was very important for me to continue my career and my progress at Paris Saint-Germain,” Areola told the club website.“This club is not only my trainer, it is also the club of my heart. I grew up here and I discovered a very high level.“My club gives me this chance to pursue very high ambitions, alongside outstanding team-mates.“With the continued support of our supporters, we still have wonderful story pages to write together. I believe very strongly in my club and the opportunity to live unforgettable moments.”President Nasser Al-Khelaifi added: “It is with great joy and pride that we are extending Alphonse Areola’s contract.Colin Dagba, France,How Dagba become one of PSG’s regulars Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 21-year-old full-back Colin Dagba had a very difficult time to break into professional football, but now he’s one of PSG’s regular players.“Alphonse is one of the most beautiful symbols of the excellence of our training centre.“And we appreciate, as well as our supporters, the loyalty that he expresses towards his club through his choice to join in the long term.“Since his first steps at the club, Alphonse has shown a fantastic desire to make progress with his coaches and his most experienced teammates.“His extension is a strong signal of the trust we place and will continue to place in the players we train.”PSG will face Nantes on Saturday for a Ligue 1 match.🙌❤️💙 Depuis le premier jour … @AreolaOfficiel🔝 #Areola2023 pic.twitter.com/JhppBx5fFi— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_inside) December 20, 2018last_img read more

An offender could get 14 years in jail for handling stolen goods

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppThe police force is prepared to press charges which could land an offender in jail for as many as 14 years for handling stolen goods. The Royal Turks and Caicos Police asking the public to be cautious of the goods you buy by avoiding purchases from unlicensed individuals. The warning comes on the heels of the recent influx of burglaries and police is asking everyone to be on the look-out for anyone suspiciously selling jewellery, laptops, flat screen TVs and smartphones. Related Items:last_img read more

100 Women Who Care Gather For Charitable Event On March 29th

first_imgTami Murray, Kenai Watershed Forum Development Director, explains the foundations of the event. The first meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 29 at the Cannery Lodge from 6-7 p.m. The group of women gather four times a year for a one-hour meeting; learn about local charities and causes; donate a $100 check to a charity/cause that the group selects. The combined donation of $10,000 plus makes a real impact without time-consuming fundraising events and planning.  100+ Women Who Care does not keep any of the money that is collected. 100% of your donation goes directly to the selected charity on the night they are selected. Audio PlayerMURRAY-ON-100-CLIP-2.mp3VmMURRAY-ON-100-CLIP-2.mp300:00RPdMurray: “The first meeting here in Kenai-Soldotna is at the Cannery, it’s on the 29th from 6-7 p.m. and we’re going to go over a lot of the rules then.  So you can come that night and sign-up, we do have an on-line sign-up right now just to kind of get our numbers in order just to know how many women are going to be there.  I think it’s going to be over 100 this first meeting which would be great.  Every meeting we hope to grow-so you bring a friend and they want to get involved.” The 100+ Women Who Care meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 29 at the Cannery Lodge from 6-7 p.m.center_img Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The 100+ Women Who Care gathering is designed to provide an opportunity for area women to learn about local charities and causes and to donate a $100 check to a charity/cause selected by the group. The donations will go to eligible charitable organizations serving the Soldotna/Kenai or Homer areas.  No national charities will be considered. The purpose is for the contribution is to stay 100% in our community. Audio PlayerMURRAY-ON-100-CLIP-1.mp3VmMURRAY-ON-100-CLIP-1.mp300:00RPdMurray: “This idea came to me a couple of years ago from some local women, the Watershed forum is putting on the first meeting, 100 women, $100 each, we chose a charity an we give them $10,000.  It started back in 2006, a lady in Jackson Michigan got 100 women together and said hey let’s each give $100 and we’ll chose a charity to give it to.  We do it quarterly.  Each women needs to pledge basically $400 a year, whether they’re at the meeting or not.  When they attend a meeting they get to be one of the people to possibly chose the charity that we’re going to donate to.”last_img read more

Week In Review 57511

first_imgFacebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The KSRM News Department compiled some of the top stories from this past week. Wednesday 5/9Audio PlayerJennifer-Wednesday-0509.mp3VmJennifer-Wednesday-0509.mp300:00RPdState Receives Eight Bids From Hilcorp In Cook Inlet Lease Sale, “Findings Of No Significant Impact” Issued Regarding The North Kenai Spur Extension Project, New Visitor’s Center In Soldotna Inching Closer To A Reality Monday 5/7Audio PlayerJennifer-on-Monday-0507.mp3VmJennifer-on-Monday-0507.mp300:00RPdLawmakers Seek To Reduce The Allowable Serving Size In Taprooms, AGDC, BP Alaska Announce Gas Sales Agreement, Soldotna Looks At Beginning Draft Process For Potential Annexation Zones Friday 5/11Audio PlayerJennifer-friday-0511.mp3VmJennifer-friday-0511.mp300:00RPdEmergency Alert System Sends Tsunami Test Warning, Kenai BP Teacher Of The Year Announced, New Kenai Fjords 360 Joins Major Marine Tours Fleet In Seward, Former Nikiski Man Sentenced For Illegally Possessing 29 Firearmslast_img read more